Skip to main content

MARKET Restaurant

If you're a bit lost, start HERE

I'm back! This summer has been a hurricane of fun, and with that hurricane blew in some AMAZING food. One of my favourite discoveries of the summer has been MARKET Restaurant!

17th Ave SW Calgary, Alberta
$$$**

Even thought it's situated right on the busy 17th Ave thoroughfare, MARKET feels like a hidden gem. It's focus on local, sustainable food and in-house preparation makes it one of the most wholesome dining experiences I've had yet. They make their own cheese, cure their own meats, and harvest from their own internal garden to craft some incredible dishes. 
The neat thing is that none of this is apparent unless you go looking for it. From their social media presence to their waitstaff (who are amazing), the focus seems to be on the food itself, with the story and philosophy of it's sustainable initiatives only coming in on the official website for the restaurant. 

BUT ANYWAYS

The best reason to visit this joint really is the food. I've been twice now and I have yet to pull away from the entrancing Duck and Waffles starter ($18). 
Beauty & Grace

My God. 
The official description from the menu reads "Crispy Brome Lake Duck Wings | Buttermilk Waffle | Serrano Coleslaw Truffle Maple Syrup | Blueberry Jam"
My mouth says "Practically perfect in every way.  A symphony of well seasoned duck and maple"

I seriously need to branch out but when you hit upon a winner this early, you bet on it to the end, right? 

Very faintly in the background you can spot my companion's Pork Belly and Scallops, which was also perfectly cooked and seasoned. 

But back to that duck though. DAMN

I'm definitely coming back for brunch, and so should everyone reading this. Let's do brunch. 

As always, hit up my instagram tallblondehungryyyc for the latest delights to tickle my tastebuds, and say hi! 

Welcome back, and Happy Eating! 

Comments